BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Apothecary Jars

I have been seeing these  jars all over blogs, and I have also seen a few tutorials on them. I finally decided to make my own. Here is where I found my directions-  Till Death Do us Part and here too Lolly Jane boutique.  I did not spend a lot of money on these at all and they turned out super cute! I got the wood bases and pieces at Michael's and the candlestick is glass from dollar tree. The glass vases are from dollar tree as well, and the lids are leftover from candle jars!





I painted on three coats of paint here, first primer gray, then a sage green and finally a light brown. I lightly sanded a couple spots to give it a worn and distressed feel. I am going to have fun changing out the items for different holidays and seasons in these!Right now I have some plastic eggs in one, and I am trying to figure out what to put in the other.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW, these turned out unbelievable! I especially love the taller one--so great!

Kelly

Kissiefish said...

Thanks Kelly! That one is my favorite too. I am thinking of making a BIG one, so we will see how that goes.